Mental health disorders are growing every day. Each day new cases emerge amongst family, friends, and celebrities showing that almost anyone can be impacted by mental health disorders. With depression, anxiety, stress, schizophrenia, epilepsy and various other disorders on the rise, it is very crucial to know where mental health issues stem from and the numbers behind it.
Basic Statistics on Mental Health:
- Approximately 20% of adults in North America experience various types of mental health disorder
- Approximately 20% of teenagers aged 13 – 18 experience a severe mental health disorder
- Approximately 13.3% of children aged 8 – 13 face mental health disorders
- 1.1% of adults in North America live with schizophrenia
- 2.6% fo adults in North America live with bipolar disorder